REMOTE LEARNING PLAN
Summer Term Week 1 Summer Term Week 2 Summer Term Week 3 RE Planning
20th April 2020 27th April 2020 4th May 2020
Summer Term Week 4 Summer Term Week 5 Summer Term Week 6
11th May 2020 18th May 2020 1st June 2020
Please use Oxford Reading Buddy
Children should read at least 1 book per week and answer 1 quiz per week.
Children in year 4 all have a Google account linked to the year 4 Google Classroom. From here teachers will set daily tasks that can be sent back to their teacher. From google classroom teachers will set work and make links to other remote platforms. In order for this to work at home children will need access to a device that is connected to the internet.
Laptops, computers and Chromebooks are the best solution, however tablets and mobile phones will also work. Pupils will need to go to google and sign in using their school
email address and password.
If you are having trouble at home logging in please let us know as soon as possible so
that we can help.
Year 4 Learning Hub
Welcome to the Year 4 Learning Hub.
Click on the icons below which will take you straight to the website. The website will give you ideas and activities for their age related learning journey. We will add to this over time. Don't forget to look on Google Classroom for your latest activities!
Messages from Miss Boulton
2nd April 2020
- huge treasure trove of activities that cover a whole range of subjects. Also holds links to games etc that are hosted by other sites.
- a huge range of different subjects and focuses, arguably the best host of any resource you could need.
- huge range of different resources and information broken down into Key Stages and year groups. - free online resource packs.
– free online home workbooks
- spelling activities with specialist resources for each year group.
- a large range of free videos and short films that are then supported by questions and tasks underneath.
- a new picture is shared each day to provoke discussion, debate or writing ideas.
- free online digital download of a specialist children’s newspaper.
Audible is an online audio book library. You can download books for children to listen to. They have made many of their stories free for children at the moment. - downloadable reading activity pack.
- vast online store of animated comic strips tracking legends and myths from across the world.
Crash Course Kids
The Woodland Trust
- lots of science subject areas covered with resources specifically designed for primary age children. (Other subjects are also available on this site).
Other Subjects and Interests
Rob Biddulph drawing lessons
The Scouts have created a list of indoor activities you can do during isolation
The Royal Opera House and Royal Ballet are offering free screenings of Ballet productions on their Facebook and YouTube accounts. You can also view other videos on their sites such as the dancers in training. Free • Peter and the Wolf, The Royal Ballet, 2010 – 27 March 2020, 7pm GMT • Acis and Galatea, The Royal Opera, 2009 – 3 April 2020, 7pm BST • Così fan tutte, The Royal Opera, 2010 – 10 April 2020, 7pm BST • The Metamorphosis, The Royal Ballet, 2013 – 17 April 2020, 7pm BST YouTube: e/featured Facebook: Websites: -for-the-culturally-curious-athome?fbclid=IwAR3vfn6m7Y5XYAwNvdobbGH3 wK6Dee80s_Nb580vHkOacIC-yWqp96Z9-kM
- lots of online videos that help keep children active inside and also teach mindfulness and meditation
- online programme for teaching and developing touch typing
Oti Mabuse (strictly winner, choreographer and dancer) will live stream dance classes for children daily at 11.30 am. She’s also doing adults/children’s/beginners classes at 7.30 The themes this week are: Tuesday: trolls Wednesday: Shrek Thursday: Mary Poppins Friday: Jungle Book Saturday: Aladdin Sunday: High School Musical. Free
Scratch creative computer programming
National Geographic Kids